Supplier of photo-detection and low light imaging solutions
Photonis France SAS
Avenue Roger Roncier, 19100 Brive-la-Gaillarde, France
Photonis France is located an hour’s drive from many famous tourist sites such as Sarlat, Rocamadour, Lascaux and the Dordogne’s numerous châteaux, to name a few.
+33 (0)5 55 86 37 00
|8AM / 6PM
|8AM / 6PM
|8AM / 6PM
|8AM / 6PM
|8AM / 6PM
WHO WE ARE
Photonis France SAS part of Exosens, is a leader in the manufacture of optoelectronic components and systems. Established in Brive-la-Gaillarde, Corrèze, since 1937, it is today one of the leading private companies in the department.
At Photonis France SAS, we have more than 500 employees. Our employees are our greatest resource and the key to our success. Our culture is one where every colleague is valued, where opinions are respected, and where contributions are rewarded. The diversity of our staff is the key to improving the company's competitiveness in the global market.
Photonis France is an innovative company that is constantly investing in research and development. It is also committed to social and environmental responsibility.
The employees of Photonis France are its greatest resource. They are passionate about their work and committed to the success of the company. They are also proud to work for a company that values diversity and inclusion. The company culture at Photonis France is based on trust, respect, and collaboration. Each employee is valued for their skills and contributions.
Photonis France is a company focused on the future. It is convinced that diversity is the key to its competitiveness in the global market.
A committed company
Our environmental policy:
- Sustainable use of resources and energy:
- Optimization of polluting processes and responsible purchasing
- Waste reduction and sorting and involvement of all
- Preserving terrestrial ecosystems and controlled environmental impacts
Our quality health safety commitments:
- Strengthening the quality of our products
- Guaranteeing the safety of personnel
- Minimizing environmental impacts
WHAT WE DO
Our exceptional know-how and high technical standards, as well as the diversity of our business activities, are key factors in the continued development of our competitiveness in a global market.
Our teams in Brive-La-Gaillarde, including 18% of engineers, are mobilized every day to meet the technical challenges of tomorrow in the fields of Defense & Security, Science & Research, and Nuclear Instrumentation.
Defense & Security
We develop and design low-light image intensifier tubes and imaging sensors for defense, security, and monitoring of territories and sensitive areas.
Science & Research
We develop and design sensitive sensors for detection applications:
- At low light levels
- Of specific spectra and phenomena at low levels of ions, electrons or photons,
- High-speed imaging
We are a leader in the design and manufacture of neutron and gamma detectors for the nuclear industry. We have a unique detection technology that is compatible with different types of reactors, high levels of radiation, high external pressures, and LOCA (Loss of Coolant Accident) and post-LOCA (Loss of Coolant Accident) protections.
At Photonis France SAS, talented men and women take on the technical challenges of tomorrow and accompany major scientific discoveries.
We invest in employee training and development to keep them at the forefront of their field. We create a work environment that fosters innovation and collaboration, so employees can share their knowledge and ideas. We offer professional development opportunities to employees so they can advance their careers.
We are all committed to achieving a common goal focused on expertise, innovation, research, and development.
- Ultra-vacuum technology applied mainly to photocathodes (alkaline, AsGa)
- Thin-film deposition (evaporation, sputtering, atomic layer deposition)
- Molecular bonding
Developing solutions based on new technological improvements and innovations.
Our technologies accompany scientific and medical discoveries.
- Towards technological breakthrough
- Scientific and medical discoveries
- Funding for doctoral theses
Research and development
In collaboration with the largest research centers, laboratories, or universities:
- Stay at the forefront of technology,
- Increase detector performance
- Develop detection beyond the visible
- Meet the needs of our customers
WHY JOIN US
Photonis France emphasizes teamwork and collaboration as a priority. The personal contribution of employees is valued, and our company strives to create a stimulating work environment where individual skills are recognized. You will have the opportunity to work with motivated teams composed of doctors, engineers, technicians, and experts in our core business.
Human resources are engaged and committed to a virtuous approach towards:
- Assistance with mobility ("Corrèze Accueil" program, housing assistance...)
- Manager and HR interviews
- Integration process
- Factory tour
- Welcome breakfast
Quality of Life
- Health services: health insurance with 3 options, company nurse, social worker, osteopath...
- Restaurant: local, organic, and dietitian-approved products
- TMS, RPS, and Disability referents
- Employee representative committee (CSE) and sports, leisure, and beekeeping associations
- Moments of conviviality
- Pleasant living environment
Social & Environmental Responsibility
- Diversity: gender equality index score of 85 points - Read more
- Disabled worker tax: 0€
- HR survey: engagement rate of 84%
- Values: trust, respect, teamwork, entrepreneurship, passion
- Code of ethics
- Ergonomics at workstations
- Telework, flexible schedules
- Seminars and information meetings
- Skills management and training or professional project support
- Salary policy including profit-sharing for all and additional retirement benefits (PERO) for managers and equivalent positions.
PROFESSIONAL EQUALITY INDEX
Photonis France Professional Equality Index 2022
Declared a "great cause of the five-year period" by the Presidency of the French Republic, equality between women and men has been placed at the heart of government priorities. In this context, by decree n°2019-15 of 8 January 2019, a new system was defined, under the terms of which French companies with more than fifty employees evaluate themselves each year in the field of professional equality: the “Index Egalité Femmes Hommes”. Below a threshold of 75 out of 100 points, the company is required to define and implement corrective measures within three years.
Built around five indicators calculated on a total of 100 points, Photonis France SAS obtains a score of 85/100 for the year 2022.
- The gender pay gap (37 points),
- The distribution gap of individual increases (20 points),
- The promotion distribution gap (15 points),
- The number of employees increased upon their return from maternity leave (incalculable),
- Parity among the top 10 highest salaries (0 points).
This great index is reflecting Photonis policy in term of professional equality.
We are proud of this result, which is in line with our commitments. This great index reveals Photonis' values and actions on professional equality matter.