Xenics is a pioneer of path-breaking infrared technology with a proven track record of more than 20 years. Xenics designs and markets infrared detectors, cores, and cameras of best-in-class image quality to support innovative R&D, industrial automation, machine vision, process control and high-end security applications. The company offers a complete portfolio of line-scan and area-scan products with a global sales network.
As an Equipment Engineer you will be the key driver in ensuring the safe and efficient execution of production activities. Your primary responsibilities will involve diagnosing and repairing complex defects in the designated equipment, implementing corrective action plans, and leading the installation of new tools. You will be working with our team in Tienen.
Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Diagnose and rectify complex defects in the assigned hardware Internal distribution
- Develop and implement effective corrective action plans
Tool Installation and Information Dissemination
- Lead the installation of new tools, providing comprehensive information to all stakeholders
- Offer feedback on potential problems, work agreements, quality testing, procedures, and generate detailed reports
Leadership and Problem Resolution
- Lead meetings, escalations, and propose innovative solutions to technical challenges
- Take proactive action in handling very complex tasks and assignments
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Conduct meetings with suppliers and ensure effective communication
- Serve as a liaison between Hardware and Support departments
- Provide insightful presentations and summarize complex situations for informative reports
Escalation Management and Documentation
- Take decisive action in case of escalations, ensuring proper documentation
- Safeguard all documentation and maintain a repository of lessons learned
Performance Analysis and Improvement
- Conduct quarterly analysis of hardware performance
- Propose structural improvement activities based on findings
- Communicate and report on proposed improvements
- Industrial engineer or equivalent by experience
- Open to learn everything about equipment engineering, technical support, and equipment maintenance
- You enjoy creating solutions to problems you encounter
- Good communication skills, your contacts will be both internal and external
- Taking ownership, you take pride in your work
- Experience with 5 Why method, 8D analysis, 6S method is a plus
- Proficient in Dutch and English
- An attractive salary package in line with your skills and experiences
- A stimulating and pleasant working environment
- A financially healthy company with growth potential
- Possibility to continuously learn and grow through in-house and external training
Embrace a big future with us!
- Work with a dynamic team in a high-tech company full of challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Our flexible working environment will give you many opportunities to take initiatives and responsibilities.
Apply for this job/p>